Anglican Church Haarlem Protocol during Corona Virus Measures, July 2021 onwards
In Church the following measures are in place:
- People are at all times to observe the 1.5 metres distance (two arms-length) from other attendees.
- Physical contact is avoided at all times and greetings are only by nodding to each other.
- People are to wash their hands before and after visiting the church.
- Church members need to disinfect their hands before entering. A sanitiser is available at the entrance of the church building.
- Church members follow the directions of the sides-people in the church building.
The Church Service
- To attend the church service it is necessary to register and a seat will be allocated.
- Church members wait outside at the entrance, keeping 1.5 metres distance and enter the church one after the other.
- Church members will be greeted by the sides-person who will ask each person individually about possible health symptoms. If there are symptoms, entrance will not be allowed.
- The stair lift is available and will be sanitised after each use.
- A sides-person will greet you at the door. This person is responsible for the seating arrangements in the church, the maximum number of people present and the routing. The sides-person is responsible for making the final decision if the church area is too full or if undesirable situations occur.
- People belonging to the same family or household may sit together without observing the 1.5 metres distance.
- Printed service sheets and hymns will be available on the seats. Church books and hymn books will not be used. Please take the service sheet home with you.
- The Peace will be shared by a nod of the head towards each other.
- The Collection will preferably take place by putting money in the plate at the back of the church or via online banking.
- The communion rail will not be used: communicants are to remain standing.
- Tea is now allowed. Please find a seat and you will be served.